Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, in short PMMVY, is a great initiative taken by the government of India. It was formerly known as the Indira Gandhi Matriva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY).
It is a scheme by the government which provides maternity benefits. It is implemented in all the country’s districts under the National Food Security Act, 2013. The program is run by the government of India and was introduced in 2010 and renamed in 2017. The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. In this scheme, a partial wage is provided to compensate women for wage loss during childbirth and child care and to provide conditions for safe delivery, good nutrition, and feeding practices.
The eligible beneficiaries would receive the money given under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for institutional delivery. The incentive received under the JSY would be accounted for maternity benefits so that, on average, a woman gets Rs. 6000.
What is the purpose of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)?
The Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’s primary purposes are stated below:
● A woman requires enough rest to cope with everything during pregnancy and after childbirth. The scheme provides partial cash incentives for these women to cover their wage loss during this period. ( Only applicable in case of first childbirth ).
● The cash benefit in the scheme is designed to improve pregnant women’s and lactating mothers’ health conditions ( PW & LM ).
● The scheme includes all the pregnant women and lactating mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 1st January 2017 for the first child in the family. But, pregnant and lactating women who are regular employees of the Central Government, State Government, or PSUs are excluded from this same scheme.
● Pregnant and lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHA may also avail of the benefits under the PMMVY.
● If a miscarriage or stillbirth occurs, the beneficiary can claim the benefits only once.
· In case of infant mortality, the girl will not be eligible for claiming benefits under the scheme if she has already received all the instalments of the maternity benefit under the PMMVY earlier.
What benefits can you get from Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)?
The main benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme are listed below:
● A cash incentive of Rs. 5000 is entitled to the mother in three instalments.
● The first instalment of Rs. 1000 is given on early pregnancy registration at Anganwadi Center ( AWC ) or any approved health facility.
● The 2nd instalment is paid to the mother after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one ante-natal checkup (ANC).
● The 3rd instalment of Rs. 2000 is paid after the child’s birth is registered, and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT, and Hepatitis – B or its equivalent or substitute.
The target beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
All Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers, excluding regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs, can get the facilities of the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme. All the pregnant women and lactating mothers after 01/01/2017 can have the facilities also.
In case of miscarriage, the beneficiary can have the claim of the remaining instalments in the future pregnancy stage. That means if you are pregnant and after receiving the 1st instalment, you had a miscarriage, then you are eligible for receiving the 2nd and 3rd instalments.
Similarly, if you had a miscarriage or stillbirth after receiving the first two instalments, you can receive the 3rd instalment for your future pregnancy period.
In case of infant mortality, you will not be eligible for taking the benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme if you have received all the instalments beforehand.
Pregnant and lactating AWWs/AWHs/ASHA can benefit from the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme under some conditions.
Closure of old Maternity Benefit Programme
The maternity benefit of ` 6000/- was disbursed with two equal instalments of ` 3000/- each. Under the old Maternity Benefit Programme, women who have got the maternity benefit registered at an Anganwadi Center or health centre with at least two antenatal checkups received their first instalment after their second trimester of pregnancy.
Women avail of maternity benefits due to different reasons. Suppose a woman has already received the first instalment of maternity benefit under the old Maternity Benefit Programme. In that case, she shall receive the cash incentives per approved norms under JSY for institutional delivery and the third instalment under the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme. The second instalment was provided after registering their child’s birth and completing their child’s immunization per the scheme’s conditions.
Suppose she is otherwise eligible under the scheme and fulfils the conditions laid down for incentives under JSY for institutional delivery. And the third instalment under the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme.
What are the documents required for the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme?
Aadhar card/ Aadhar Enrollment Slip (if you already applied for aadhar Enrollment) Alternative Identity Card (such as voter card, bank/post office passbook, etc.), in case you do not possess an aadhar card.[ it is to be noted that if u submit an alternative Id, it is compulsory to enrol in Aadhar and submit it within 90 days from the date of registration under the scheme).
A mobile number ( if you don’t have your mobile number, you may submit a mobile number belonging to any of your family members).
A bank account / Post office account Passbook linked with aadhar must be in your name only (joint account is not accepted). [ If your account is not connected with aadhar, then you must submit Form 2-A ( which you can get in AWC/AWW/ANM ) with relevant documents in your bank /post office branch).
Your husband’s Aadhar card /Aadhar Enrollment Slip /Alternative Id.
How can you apply for the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme?
1. The eligible Women desiring to get maternity benefits under this scheme are required to register online at https://pmmvy-cas.nic.in under the ministry of women and children development or shall visit their nearest AWC( Anganwadi Center)or government-approved facilities depending on the department implemented by the state/UT
2. For registration, you need to fill out application Form 1-A ( If you find difficulties in filling up the form, you may seek help from the department workers at the venue.) 3. Forms are available at AWC free of cost, or you may download them online (http://wcd.nic.in).
4. You and Your husband are required to sign the given undertakings at AWS. 5. At last, you shall submit the forms, performance, and photocopy of the required documents mentioned above at AWS for further verification.
6. AWS will give you an acknowledge slip (which you need to keep for future reference) and the Mother and Child Protection Card(MCP), which will be used as means of verification for further payment.
7. After successfully verified by concerned authorities, you shall receive your 1st instalment under the scheme within 30 working days from the day of registration. 8. To claim the Second instalment, you must visit AWW and fill up the application form 1-B and submit it along with the photocopy of acknowledge slip and other requisite documents to AWS as requested.
9. To claim the 3rd instalment, you must complete Form 1-C and repeat the same process mentioned above.
How can you check your Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana payment status?
You can check your payment on Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’s official website. Follow the steps to check your payment:
1. First, visit the Public Financial Management (https://pfms.nic.in/) 2. Press the ‘Know your payment’ option to look forward.
3. Give your details as per the website needed.
4. An OTP will come in your registered mobile number after you click on the ‘Send OTP’ option.
5. You can check your Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana payments and how you can claim instalments.
The government’s Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana provides maternity benefits to ensure that pregnant and lactating women receive adequate medical attention. This scheme is provided by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. This scheme aims to provide cash incentives, medical assistance, and other financial benefits to pregnant and lactating women.
Helpline Number of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana You can directly contact the given address:
Deputy Director PMMVY
Department of Women and Child Development
Government of NCT of Delhi, 1, Canning Lane (Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane), Near Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Bus Stop, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001.Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Complaint Helpline Number: 011 – 23382393 You can also mail them at “email@example.com”. For further information, visit their official website.