The Central Government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana. The PM-KMD scheme was established by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, on 12th September 2019. It aims to provide social security to the elderly.
The PM-KMD scheme is a joint venture in which the government of India has agreed to join hands with the Life Insurance Corporation of India to provide pension facilities to all the beneficiaries who participate in this scheme.
To safeguard the lives of old farmers. According to PM-KMY, the government promises to provide a monthly pension of rupees 3000 to all the small and marginal groups of farmers after 60. Initially, the scheme was launched in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
What is The Purpose Of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
To solve the problem of poverty in rural areas, the government has developed the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana. The scheme ensures that the farmers have a source of income in their old age.
These farmers do not have any savings. Hence they do not have any source of income in their old age. With the help of this scheme, they will be able to overcome the problem of poverty and unemployment.
The scheme aims to provide a healthy and happy life to the farmers after they reach the age of sixty. With the help of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana, the farmers get to enjoy financial security for their retirement life.
The spouse of the policyholder can also take part in this scheme. They can even apply for a separate pension account. When they reach the age of sixty, they can also enjoy a pension of rupees 3000 every month with the help of this yojana.
Mission and Vision of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
The Mission and Vision of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana are as follows.
● The government promises to provide a monthly allowance to each beneficiary after 60. As per the scheme, an eligible farmer who has enrolled in this scheme shall receive a pension of 3000 every money.
● The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana only applies to small and marginal farmers who have not yet participated in any other government or semi-government scheme.
● The beneficiary and the union government contribute equally to this scheme. The ratio is 1:1 in this case, as whatever the farmer chips in the central government are also entitled to contribute the same amount.
● The scheme envisions providing a source of income to all the people who belong to the farmers’ community with the help of this farmer’s pension policy.
● With the help of this scheme, the farmers above 60 years or older will enjoy a fixed income for every money. It will ensure that the old farmer is not forced to work in the field on his retirement day to look after his family.
What are the Eligibility Criteria For Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana?
According to the PM-KMY scheme, the government promises to provide a monthly monetary allowance of rupees three thousand to all small and marginal farmers after age 60.
The main objective is to provide these poor farmers with a pension so they don’t have to work in the fields when they grow old. Hence let us look at the criteria list that the farmer should fulfil to come under this scheme.
1. A small or marginal farmer with land up to 2 hectares is eligible to become a beneficiary of the PM-KMY Scheme.
2. The minimum age is 18, which must be fulfilled to enrol in this scheme. 3. Conversely, the maximum age limit is 40 years, and people in this age group are eligible to apply for the PM-KMY scheme.
4. The farmer’s land should be officially registered under the concerned state or union territory to complete the verification process.
5. Suppose someone from the farmers’ community fulfils all the abovementioned criteria. In that case, they are eligible to enjoy the benefits of the PM-KMY scheme.
How can you enrol in Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana ?
Whenever the government launches a scheme for the farmers or the people from the weaker section of society, it is their primary duty to ensure that the enrolment process should be as short and straightforward as possible.
It will ensure that the people who belong to the society’s backwards section can participate in this scheme without getting into much trouble. Plus, the lack of proper knowledge should not hinder them.
The steps for enrolling on Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana are as follows.
● The enrolment process can be done through self-registration, in case you are well aware of the online procedure.
● Other than self-registration, you can also take the help of Common Service Centres, which are widely seen in every state, to register for this scheme.
● The government has intentionally kept the enrolment process free of cost to ensure that everyone gets to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
● In some states, the Common Service Centres may charge rupees 30 for the registration process, which will be directly transferred to the government’s fund.
● If you are curious and want to know more about the enrolment process of the PM-KMDY, then you can visit the PM-KMY portal.
What are the Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana ?
The government always ensures that the commoner gets the maximum benefits from every scheme they come up with. Similarly, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana also comes with a list of benefits which are as follows.
● Suppose a beneficiary dies while receiving the pension; in such a situation, the spouse is entitled to receive fifty per cent of the pension money on behalf of her eligible beneficiary. The family will be entitled to the pension until the spouse of the scheme holder is alive.
● Conversely, suppose a policyholder becomes physically disabled because of age-related issues and has given contributions regularly. In that case, he cannot continue with the scheme any further. In such a situation, his spouse can either continue with the system or, if they want, exit the project by receiving the amount deposited by the beneficiary with interest.
● If a beneficiary decides not to continue with the PM-KMJ, then the time period is checked. Suppose it is seen that it is less than ten years from his joining date of the scheme. In that case, the share of his contribution will only be returned to him, with the savings bank rate of interest added on p-payable.
● Correspondingly, if a policyholder decides to leave the scheme but has been enrolled for more than ten years, in that case, his contribution and the accumulated interest rate will be returned to him.
● The eligible farmers to participate in this scheme I, then the interested farmer,musto contribute to the Pension Fund between 55rupers to 200 rupees per month. The amount you have to contribute depends on the beneficiary’s age. Similarly, whatever you chip in, the Central Government is also entitled to contribute to the Pension Fund equally.
The Salient Features of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
The features of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana are as follows.
● This scheme is monitored by the ministry of agriculture and farmers’ welfare Department of Agriculture, farmers’ interests and corporations. The PM-KMY runs jointly with the Life Insurance Corporation of India to support the policyholders.
● The LIC is the principal body that looks after the whole scheme and maintains the record of Pension Funds. It acts as a Manager who provides the Pension Fund Benefits to all the beneficiaries who come under this scheme.
● It is an excellent initiative the government has taken up for small and marginal farmers. They are looking for a retirement plan for their future. With the help of this voluntary contribution, the farmers can enjoy pension benefits.
● The PM-KMY empowers small and marginal farmers to participate directly and contribute to a government scheme. By giving their voluntary donations to the PM-KMY scheme, they are not only building a safe future. But also they are contributing to the country’s economy.
● It is not only the farmers who voluntarily contribute to the scheme. The central government is also eligible to contribute the same amount to each beneficiary’s pension account.
How can we Spread Awareness Among Common People regarding Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana?
Since this scheme primarily targets small-scale farmers working on small pieces of land, it is quite a task to get in touch with them. The easiest way of reaching out to them and making them aware of the advantages of this scheme is to conduct workshops.
By conducting district-level workshops, the government can ensure that each farmer learns the positive aspects of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana scheme. Public announcements can also be a great option if it is impossible to conduct workshops.
Radio and television were launched way back, and now almost every family in India owns either. Therefore the extensive use of radio and television can be an excellent alternative idea in case you are looking for something compelling results.
Traditional forms of media like newspapers and periodicals are also a great option to reach out to the rural masses. It helps conveniently move the message from the sender to the receiver without distortion.
Even though social media is a great platform to unite people under one roof, in this case, the chances are high that it will not be beneficial. Still, there is no harm in using this platform. It can fetch some positive results if used properly.
Overall, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana is a great measure taken by the central government. It is a positive step towards providing financial security to the elderly section of society. The aim of this project is clearly to provide a long-term solution to
the matters of unemployment and poverty.
The pension plan works on the 1:1 ratio so that the contributing volunteers do not get under financial pressure. Thus, with the help of this yojana, the economic condition of the financially weaker section of society will improve with time.