Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana was started in 2008 by the UPA government; later, our current prime Minister Narendra Modi relaunched this Pariyojana in 2015 to provide quality Medicine at affordable prices department of pharmaceutical.
The government of India launched this campaign, this Pradhanmantri Janaaushodhi Pariyojana giving this facility to spread into the country through Pradhanmantri Janaaushodhi Pariyojana Kendra.
PMJAY aims to provide generic drugs to the masses, which are lesser price but equivalent in quality to the branded expensive medicines. The Pradhanmantri Janaaushodhi Pariyojana markets these generic drugs. This yojana sells its generic drugs in various districts and sub-divisional areas in the country through the exclusive outlet, ‘ Jana Aushodhi Medical store’. In November 2016, this scheme was renamed Pradhan Mantri Bhartia Jana Ausadhi Pariyojana.
What is The Scheme Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Poverty all over the country significantly affects people, and affording branded medicine is next to impossible for them. Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana schemed to provide un-branded generic medicines to people who need them. The drugs wouldn’t be any lesser in quality than the branded ones. It will be beneficial for the buyers and sellers. And to make these medicine obtainable to everyone, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra is made.
Eligible for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
● Individual entrepreneurs
● Charitable Institute
● Corporate society
Can apply to start their business in Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra. But there is a catch; the individual applicant must have a D.Pharma/B. Pharma Degree or if the applicant is just an entrepreneur and doesn’t have any such degree, they should appoint an employee who is a D. Pharma/B. Pharms Degree holder. And the applicant must provide proof when applying or during the final approval. Etc. The same rule goes to every applicant, even from NGOs, hospitals, and other organizations.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
To apply for PMBJK, you need to have a lot of documents as it’s a huge business opportunity given by the government.
● Aadhar card
● Pan card
● Certificate of SC/ST or Divyaang
● Pharmacist registration certificate
● Back statement of 6 years
● Income tax return of two years
● Declaration for GST registration
● Certificate of Women Entrepreneurs (if any)
● The undertaking of distance policy
● Darpan ID ( for NGO)
● Registration Certificate (for NGO)
● Details of the department ( for govt. Nominated agency)
● Supporting documents ( for govt. Nominated agency)
Rules and regulations of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
To start the business of PMBJK, you need to keep a few things in mind first before getting into the business directly.
● To start PMBJ Kendra, you need to have a minimum of 120 sq. ft. of the area where it’s your own or taken on lease.
● Suppose you live in a metro city like Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai etc. Then it is essential to keep at least 1km of distance between two Kendras. And if it’s a rural or less populated area, then the PMBJ Kendra should maintain a 1.5km distance between two Kendras.
● The applicant must agree to all the terms and conditions of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra before the operation begins.
● The applicant must get a drug license in Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra before entering the business.
● The software provided by PMBI should do the billing of all the medicines. Selling medicine in PMBJK without using the software is prohibited.
● In a Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra, no other products or medicines are allowed to sell except products of PMBI.
● The allotted space for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra will serve its sole purpose only and won’t be used for any other services.
● After advance payment, the supply will be made for medical goods.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
1. The government will provide the business person of PMBJK a 20% profit or margin on the MRP. Form for each drug in the store.
2. Women Entrepreneurs, SC, ST and Divyaang or women from any backward districts, if any of these business persons open PMBJK, they get an additional subsidiary of 2 lakhs. By which they can invest 1.50 lakh on furniture and Fixtures. And the 0.50 lakh on the computer, printer, printer etc. Then after submitting the original bill, the total money (2 lakh) will be refundable.
3. A PMBJK linked with PMBI headquarters through software will get an inducement of 15% of the monthly investment made from these PMBJK subject to a ceiling of Rs. 15,000 to 5 lakh per month depending on the sale.
4. This government-related business won’t have any complications later. 5. Government advertise the Jan Aushadhi Kendra open in any area, which benefits the entrepreneur from the beginning.
6. The government offers the business person the most affordable medicines so that the price won’t burden the seller or the buyer.
7. All the medicines are provided by BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector India).
Investment for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
To start your business in Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra, you must keep notes about the investment.
People with SC, ST category, women entrepreneurs or people from backward areas get a 2 lakh incentive that is very beneficial to take the significant step to start a business.
If the business person is from the general or OBC category and lives in an urban area, they must invest in their furniture, lighting, computer equipment, etc. And for that, you need to be prepared with around 5-7 lakh to invest in the business.
Another small investment for PMBJK is Rs. 5000/- Non-refundable application fee. But if the applicant is a woman entrepreneur, SC, ST, Divyaang and belongs to an aspirational district, then the application fee is not applicable. And also, a drug license is necessary for this business, so it is also essential to submit the proof of drug license in the name of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra during the final approval of the agreement.
How Can We Apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
There are two ways we can apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra. The following ways are:
You can apply PMBJK anywhere across India by following these few steps: ● Open (http://janaushadhi.gov.in/) the official website of PMBI.
● Then find the option ‘Online PMBJK Registration’ and Click on it,
● On the right side of the PMBJK details, you can see a blue form logo under the message ‘Click here to apply for the opening of PMBJK’. Click on it.
● Then, at the bottom of the sign-in form, click the option ‘Register now. ● Fill out the form providing your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Id, State, User ID, and Password twice to confirm it and finally, accepting all the terms and conditions of PMBI, submit the form.
● After registering your account, step back and sign in by providing your User ID, Password, login type and Captcha code.
● After login into the page, fill in all your essential details and enter your bank details for the Rs. 5000 application fee, then submit the form.
● Open (http://janaushadhi.gov.in/) the official website of PMBI.
● Then find the option ‘Online PMBJK Registration’ and Click on it,
● You can see all the PMBJK details.
● Then click on the option ‘Guideline for PMBJK Opening.’
● In the PDF, you’ll find a form to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra and another for the particular category.
● Fill out the form and attach all necessary files mentioned in the PDF.
● And post in the address 8th Floor Videocon Tower, Block E-1, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi –110055 Tel – 011-49431800
Roles and Responsibilities of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
● Providing affordable medicines to people all over India
● Generic trustworthy drugs, surgical items etc.
● The PMBI will take care of Coordinating the supply of medication in the PMBJK ● Connecting with government hospitals.
● Coordinating with reputed NGOs
● Then PMBI will take care of all the operating agencies.
How to Claim for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra
You can’t claim for PMBJK. If you are eligible for having a PMBJ Kendra, then the PMBI office will contact you and inform you about further procedures.
Getting medicine is a serious problem these days, and everyone can’t afford thousand rupees of drugs. Hence this is the best way to allow people to build a business.
Many people want to invest their money in something government-related and get the right amount of cashback. As a result, Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra can help people in need, and they don’t have to stay sick anymore because they can’t afford medicine.